What do we do?
Photomath is a fast-growing EdTech company whose mobile app is the #1 app in the world to learn math. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, the app instantly scans, accurately solves, and intuitively explains printed and handwritten math problems to users through step-by-step explanations.
With over 220 million downloads globally, Photomath is the most popular mobile application from Croatia and one of the most popular educational apps of all times. Since its launch in 2014, our award-winning app has topped App Store & Google Play Store education charts and Apple has recently declared it the application of the day.
Today, we employ more than 100 people and have offices in Zagreb and San Mateo, California. We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content - we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there. Join us in our mission to revolutionize learning math and help students across the globe gain math superpowers!
About the team:
We are a 15 member software development team within Photomath responsible for a sophisticated web applications that handles tens of millions of math tasks and math experts. Our team is composed of frontend, backend and data engineers, devopses and technical product managers. Software products and projects built here vary from small internal apps, through large scale web services to crowdsourced mathematical platforms. We are building all products in an agile way, following UX and UI trends, having users at its core.
Our development stack:
- Backend: K8S, GCP, BitBucket, Jenkins, Kotlin, Java, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Debian, Spring Boot, Micronaut, Flyway, Elastic Search.
What you will do at Photomath:
- Develop, debug, deploy, support and enhance frontends of various Photomath’s web applications for internal users and tens of millions of users around the world
- Build, debug and maintain core Photomath web components like Photomath app web previewer, animation editor, labeling editor, math content editor, math web keyboard
- Follow new trends, technologies and best practices and implement them within the team
Our ideal candidate:
- Has at least 5 years of experience in frontend web development
- Has at least 3 years of experience in working with web frameworks and libs such as React, Angular, Node.js, Vue, MobX, Webpack or similar
- has worked on pixel-perfect design projects
- has great attention to details and you prefer a quality and structured web project
- prefers to write clean and reusable code with neat web layout
- has a proactive and responsible approach to work
- can work well in team (frontend devs, data engineers, web designers) and with internal clients (other teams)
- has interest in new web development trends and like to implement them in your work
- has very good knowledge of English language
An additional plus is if you:
- have a backend or full stack dev experience. E.g. Java, C, ...
- are familiar with Linux OS and Mac OS
- have experience with modern development processes (git, test driven development, continuous integration, ...)
22.000-27.000 kn gross I, depending on candidate's competencies, with possible exceptions
What we offer:
- An opportunity to build core web applications that are key to driving our products forward
- An opportunity to work on technically challenging projects and products
- Experimenting with new technologies
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- Dedication to a healthy work-life balance and various benefits for parents
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Dedicated person (mentor/buddy) to help you navigate your first weeks in a new role
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences, individual development plan with a dedicated budget, weekly time devoted to learning new things
- Cutting edge hardware and equipment, budget for additional equipment
- Company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities
- Birthday and holiday presents for employees and their kids
- Generous vacation and paid leave policy, sick leave without a doctor's note, annual physical exam (check-up)
- Multisport card for various discounts at sport facilities
- Underground bicycle parking garage
- Modern office design, great view :) and great location (Zagreb, Strojarska 20)