What do we do?
Photomath is a fast-growing EdTech company whose mobile app is the #1 app in the world to learn math. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, the app instantly scans, accurately solves, and intuitively explains printed and handwritten math problems to users through step-by-step explanations.
With over 220 million downloads globally, Photomath is the most popular mobile application from Croatia and one of the most popular educational apps of all times. Since its launch in 2014, our award-winning app has topped App Store & Google Play Store education charts and Apple has recently declared it the application of the day.
Today, we employ more than 100 people and have offices in Zagreb and San Mateo, California. We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content - we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there. Join us in our mission to revolutionize learning math and help students across the globe gain math superpowers!
About the team:
As Photomath grows, so does our Product Design team. As a Senior Product Designer, you will be an important member of our team that works closely with other departments in creating modern user experiences for mobile and web applications. You will have a top-notch technology and a team of experts to support your work in every way. Currently, the Product Design team has four members of diverse seniority levels.
What you will do at Photomath:
- Own end-to-end user experience and user interface design across the full user journey, including onboarding, wireframes, prototypes to polished UI designs with motion
- Create pixel-perfect designs that are on-brand, and are created based on product requirements and input / feedback
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to ideate, iterate and refine new product designs
- Passionate about designing exceptional products
- Hand-off clear developer specs
Our ideal candidate has:
- Has 5+ years of experience working on digital products (web and mobile apps, web sites, etc.)
- Has a strong portfolio with emphasis on the process
- Has experience working on mobile APP projects
- Is fluent across product & service design, graphic (visual) design, typography, photography, illustration and motion
- Has the ability to work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal partners and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or deadlines
- Has the ability to manage multiple projects with ease
- Has the ability to rapidly concept, ideate and execute multiple UX/UI concepts using industry-standard design tools
- Has the ability to design with our users in mind
- Understands that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs. Makes well-reasoned design decisions always advocating for the best possible user experience
- Is passionate about inclusive design and accessibility
- Cares about the UI design details but is also comfortable zooming out, seeing the broader picture and connecting the dots to create a cohesive overall experience
- Is proactive
- Is passionate about sharing the knowledge, and raising the bar for design practice;
- Has a high degree of technical knowledge balanced with creative ability and a hands-on approach
- Has strong communication skills, written and verbal
An additional plus is if you have:
- The experience designing consumer-facing products
- The experience working with or on design systems
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on challenging and global projects
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- Dedication to a healthy work-life balance and various benefits for parents
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Dedicated person (mentor/buddy) to help you navigate your first weeks in a new role
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences, individual development plan with a dedicated budget, weekly time devoted to learning new things
- Cutting edge hardware and equipment, budget for additional equipment
- Company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities
- Birthday and holiday presents for employees and their kids
- Generous vacation and paid leave policy, sick leave without a doctor's note, annual physical exam (check-up)
- Multisport card for various discounts at sport facilities
- Underground bicycle parking garage
- Modern office design, great view :) and great location (Zagreb, Strojarska 20)
Send us your resume + cover letter with link to your portfolio (online portfolio, Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar).