What do we do?
Photomath is a fast-growing EdTech company whose mobile app is the #1 app in the world to learn math. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, the app instantly scans, accurately solves, and intuitively explains printed and handwritten math problems to users through step-by-step explanations.
With over 220 million downloads globally, Photomath is the most popular mobile application from Croatia and one of the most popular educational apps of all times. Since its launch in 2014, our award-winning app has topped App Store & Google Play Store education charts and Apple has recently declared it the application of the day.
Today, we employ more than 100 people and have offices in Zagreb and San Mateo, California. We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content - we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there. Join us in our mission to revolutionize learning math and help students across the globe gain math superpowers!
About the team:
Our iOS team consists of 4 engineers who like to put their focus on great UX but also good programing principles. We work through constant communication by sharing all of our experience and collaborate by planning our development and project practices as a cohesive team.
We are looking for a person who likes to explore and try out new things in iOS mobile app development, and who values excellent UX above everything. Together with your fellow iOS Engineers you will prototype, try out new things and develop the iOS Photomath app to make sure it has the best possible stability, quality and overall user experience.
Our development stack:
Our app was originally built using Objective-C but is now mainly rewritten in Swift and all future development is done in Swift. We mainly use Xcode, and some standard tools for CI like Jenskins, Firebase App Distribution, Swift Lint etc. We’re constantly looking to improve our development process to fit our needs.
What you’ll do at Photomath?
- Develop and improve the iOS Photomath application, improving the development process
- Prototype and design new features and functionalities
- Implement features designed by our design and product teams
- Collaborate with other engineering teams on integrating app functionalities and components, and participate in decision making relating to app architecture
- Collaborate with other iOS engineers to deliver the best app experience
- Participate in decision making relating to user experience and project organization
- Participate in designing various A/B experiments and their implementation
- Adherence to good engineering practices in software development
- Track tech trends and participate in continuous education
Our ideal candidate:
- has 5 years of experience working on iOS
- has published iOS apps on the App Store, developed individually or in a team
- is proficient with Objective-C and Swift
- has the ability to write sustainable, modular and efficient source code
- has experience in writing iOS code including UIKit, Networking, Threading and Program architecture
- has great attention to detail and understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- likes to experiment, prototype and in general think of the best way to implement something despite technical challenges
- has knowledge using Git versioning
- is knowledgeable with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- has excellent English language skill
An additional plus is if you have:
- Knowledge in C and C++
- Experience using third party libraries like Firebase, Google, Facebook and similar
- Experience using CI systems like Jenkins
- 23.000-29.000 kn gross I, depending on candidate's competencies, with possible exceptions
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work on an innovative App reaching and helping students across the globe
- An opportunity to work in a team that puts great focus on creating a great App experience from the both the User and Developer perspective
- An opportunity to make an impact and define processes and way of working in the growing team
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- Dedication to a healthy work-life balance and various benefits for parents
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Dedicated person (mentor/buddy) to help you navigate your first weeks in a new role
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences, individual development plan with a dedicated budget, weekly time devoted to learning new things
- Cutting edge hardware and equipment, budget for additional equipment
- Company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities
- Birthday and holiday presents for employees and their kids
- Generous vacation and paid leave policy, sick leave without a doctor's note, annual physical exam (check-up)
- Multisport card for various discounts at sport facilities
- Underground bicycle parking garage
- Modern office design, great view :) and great location (Zagreb, Strojarska 20)