What do we do?
Photomath is a fast-growing EdTech company whose mobile app is the #1 app in the world to learn math. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, the app instantly scans, accurately solves, and intuitively explains printed and handwritten math problems to users through step-by-step explanations.
With over 220 million downloads globally, Photomath is the most popular mobile application from Croatia and one of the most popular educational apps of all times. Since its launch in 2014, our award-winning app has topped App Store & Google Play Store education charts and Apple has recently declared it the application of the day.
Today, we employ more than 100 people and have offices in Zagreb and San Mateo, California. We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content - we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there. Join us in our mission to revolutionize learning math and help students across the globe gain math superpowers!
About the team:
The team is currently relatively small and consists of motivated and independent team members who also like to have fun while working together. Our focus is bringing the best UI and UX excellence for our users and ensuring stability. And we do all of that while keeping the work well organized and stress-free!
We are looking for a person who likes to explore and try out new things in Android mobile app development, and who values excellent UX above everything. Together with your fellow Android Engineers you will prototype, try out new things and develop the Android Photomath app to make sure it has the best possible stability, quality and overall user experience.
Our development stack:
- Kotlin and a little bit of Java
- MVP & MVVM + Navigation component
- Retrofit, Dagger, Kotlin Coroutines...
- Bitbucket + Jira + Confluence
- Jenkins CI
- Firebase (Analytics, Crashlytics, Performance, RC, AB experiments, Storage)
What you will do at Photomath?
- Develop and improve the Android Photomath app in collaboration with other Photomath teams
- Work on integrating our in-house developed technology like the math engine into the app
- Optimize development process through CI / Gradle improvements / Architecture designs
- Track and maintain high application stability and rating
- Build prototypes and iterate through different variations till the best solution is found
- Participate in designing various A/B experiments and their implementation
- Participate in the decision-making process regarding user experience and overall project organization
- Track tech trends and participate in continuous education
Our ideal candidate:
- has at least 5 years of experience in developing Android apps
- has very good knowledge of Java and Kotlin programming language
- has experience in writing Android code including UI, networking, threading, program architecture (MVP, MVVM)
- likes to write code in a sustainable, modular and effective way
- is a detailed-oriented person by nature and you believe a quality app has to have a good user experience also
- likes to experiment, prototype and in general think of the best way to implement something despite technical challenges
- is curious about new trends and how things work “under the hood”
- has excellent English language skill
An additional plus is if you have:
- 23.000-29.000 kn gross I, depending on candidate's competencies, with possible exceptions
What we offer:
- An opportunity to make worldwide impact in helping millions of people learn math
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- Dedication to a healthy work-life balance and various benefits for parents
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Dedicated person (mentor/buddy) to help you navigate your first weeks in a new role
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences, individual development plan with a dedicated budget, weekly time devoted to learning new things
- Cutting edge hardware and equipment, budget for additional equipment
- Company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities
- Birthday and holiday presents for employees and their kids
- Generous vacation and paid leave policy, sick leave without a doctor's note, annual physical exam (check-up)
- Multisport card for various discounts at sport facilities
- Underground bicycle parking garage
- Modern office design, great view :) and great location (Zagreb, Strojarska 20)