We’re looking for an experienced and well-rounded senior engineer with an impressive security background who can achieve a world-class security operational posture.
As a SecOps team lead at Photomath, you will protect critical company assets and its users while building the team and perform as a people manager.
By architecting and executing security solutions and recommendations, teamwork coordination you’ll ensure security requirements for the company's large-scale, distributed infrastructure that is servicing tens of millions of users. You will help protect the organisation's digital assets and infrastructure, keep computer systems and people hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data. This is done in collaboration with entire Photomath engineering.
The engineering culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organisation brings together talented people who are encouraged to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment.
- GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, Debian, Ubuntu, MacOS, GitHub, Java/Kotlin, C/C++, Python, NodeJS, Shell, React, TypeScript, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Spring Boot, Micronaut, Redis, OpenVPN, MikroTik, Google Workspace, Slack, … it will be your job to introduce various security buzzwords, tools and frameworks missing on this list.
You are the right person for us if:
- You are a security generalist - excellent technical background but even more excellent as a team lead who can setup secops practices
- CS or similar technical degree/study or equivalent practical experience
- Have a broad understanding of the modern cybersecurity landscape with immense hands-on experience
- 5+ years security engineering or similar experience
- Multiyear coding experience in one or more general purpose languages
- You follow the DevSecOps/SRE principles
- You work well under pressure, and handle security incidents calmly, responsibly, and with discretion
- Being a privacy enthusiast
- You enjoy automating manual or repetitive processes, and making your teammates' jobs easier
- Technical experience in protecting systems, security research or security testing of platforms
- Experience managing and developing security operations
- Proven system architecture experience
- Java, Kotlin, C, C++
- Cloud experience like GCP, AWS or similarExpertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
What is this role about:
- Create and oversee security operations as a whole (strategy and policies)
- Defining the entire organization’s security position
- You will play an integral part in setting up a vital new team at Photomath
- Teach eng teams - evangelize the ‘security mindset’ - promote automation and patching
- Engineer security systems and security architecture - ensure the company’s infrastructure, data and people are protected
- Detect, investigate, and respond to any types of security incidents
- Create disaster recovery plans
- Service hardening
- Establish a culture of collaboration - break down barriers and silos - support developers
Here at Photomath in the first 6 months, you will:
- Organize security trainings for engineering
- Make a plan (priority list) of security TODO things - identify and drive fundamental security improvements
- Workout with security consultants to speed up security goals reaching
- Be involved in architecture and development representing security side
- Establish incident management
- Starting from 32.000 HRK gross and beyond, depending on the candidate's experience. You are welcome to give us a suggestion here.
- Stock options
What we offer:
- User friendly, agile selection process consisting of just 3 clear steps
- An opportunity to work on innovative projects with global impact in close
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- Dedication to a healthy work-life balance and various benefits for parents
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere
- A culture that recognises and rewards dedication and success
- Dedicated person (mentor/buddy) to help you navigate your first weeks in a new role
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences, individual development plan with a dedicated budget, weekly time devoted to learning new things
- Cutting edge hardware and equipment, budget for additional equipment
- Company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities
- Birthday and holiday presents for employees and their kids
- Generous vacation and paid leave policy, sick leave without a doctor's note, annual physical exam (check-up)
- Multisport card for various discounts at sport facilities
- Underground bicycle parking garage
- Modern office design, great view :) and great location (Zagreb, Strojarska 20)
And what do we do?
Photomath is a fast-growing EdTech company whose mobile app is the #1 app in the world to learn math. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, the app instantly scans, accurately solves, and intuitively explains printed and handwritten math problems to users through step-by-step explanations.
With over 270 million downloads globally, Photomath is the most popular mobile application from Croatia and one of the most popular educational apps of all times. Since its launch in 2014, our award-winning app has topped App Store & Google Play Store education charts and Apple has recently declared it the application of the day.
Today, we employ over 100 people and have offices in Zagreb and Silicon Valley. We are a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and skills, united by passion for technology and innovation. We believe that math is an increasingly crucial skill, particularly as problem-solving and quantitative analysis become prerequisites for many occupations.
We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content - we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there.
Join us in our mission to revolutionize learning math and help students across the globe gain math superpowers!