What do we do?
Photomath is a fast-growing EdTech company whose mobile app is the #1 app in the world to learn math. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, the app instantly scans, accurately solves, and intuitively explains printed and handwritten math problems to users through step-by-step explanations.
With over 300 million downloads globally Photomath is the most popular mobile application from Croatia and one of the most popular educational apps of all times. Since its launch in 2014, our award-winning app has topped App Store & Google Play Store education charts and Apple has recently declared it the application of the day.
Today, we employ 160+ people and have offices in Zagreb and Silicon Valley. We are a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and skills, united by passion for technology and innovation. We believe that math is an increasingly crucial skill, particularly as problem-solving and quantitative analysis become prerequisites for many occupations.
We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content - we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there. Join us in our mission to revolutionize learning math and help students across the globe gain math superpowers!
Where do you fit in?
As a Release Manager, you will help in supporting the app release process. This includes coordination with all included teams and reporting to stakeholders.
At Photomath, we are more flexible than rigid when it comes to processes, but a certain degree of structure in processes helps the cross-team communication and alignment. As an experienced individual, you should introduce and support processes and tools needed to align different teams that participate in app release cycles.
It’s important to have an overview and coordinate the entire process - from kick off phase, development to testing and finally releasing to production. You should strive to use tools to make the process status and information visible and clear to everyone included. Your closest associates will be members of the Product Management, Design, different development and QA teams.
What you will do at Photomath:
- Organize and manage kick-off meetings for new features
- Manage app release cycle and coordinate all included teams and stakeholders
- Continually work towards improving cross-team processes
- Track and report on current status to stakeholders
- Document all important process information
- Detect and address blockers in any of the participating teams
- Use tools to automate and visualize the progress of app development
- Manage risks and resolve issues regarding release quality and scheduleManage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations (Europe and United States)
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 5 years of IT Project Management / Scrum master (or similar roles) experience
- Experience in managing app release cycles
- Extensive experience in working with Jira
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English (in speaking and writing)
- Starting from 21.000 kn gross an up, depending on candidate's experience
- Stock options
What we offer:
- User friendly, agile selection process consisting of just 3 clear steps
- An opportunity to work on innovative projects with global impact
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- Dedication to a healthy work-life balance and various benefits for parents
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere
- A culture that recognises and rewards dedication and success
- Dedicated person (mentor/buddy) to help you navigate your first weeks in a new role
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences
- Cutting edge hardware and equipment, budget for additional equipment
- Company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities
- Birthday and holiday presents for employees and their kids
- Generous vacation and paid leave policy, sick leave without a doctor's note, annual physical exam (check-up)
- Multisport card for various discounts at sport facilities
- Underground bicycle parking garage
- Modern office design, great view :) and great location (Zagreb, Strojarska 20)