What are we building?
Photomath believes learning math is a journey of growth filled with highs and lows, and we’re here to champion students along that adventure! Math is one of the few subjects where you get partial credit when you show your work. Why? Because each step matters; not just the final answer.
Over 8 years, our app has gotten over 300 million downloads globally making us the top math learning app in the world.
Today, we employ 190+ people and have offices in Zagreb and Silicon Valley. We are a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and skills, united by a passion for technology and innovation. We believe that math is an increasingly crucial skill, particularly as problem-solving and quantitative analysis become prerequisites for many occupations.
We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content - we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there.
About the team:
The Quality Assurance team makes sure that the final product of our application observes our company’s quality standards, and is responsible for the detection and resolution of problems through Manual and Automated testing.
Our software products and projects vary from small internal tools to large-scale web services and crowdsourced mathematical platforms. We use an agile development approach, keeping up-to-date with UX and UI trends, all while keeping our users at the core of what we do.
If you want to catch a glimpse of how working in a QA team looks from their own perspective, you can do it so by following this link:
What you will do at Photomath:
- Review quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Work closely with the development team and project/product management
- Detect and report issues in Jira
- Demonstrate awareness of critical and less critical aspects of the testing subject
- Take ownership of the assigned tasks. Proactively ask for help when needed
Our ideal candidate has:
- A built-in desire to improve; an eye for details, analytical skills, constructive mindset
- Advanced knowledge of high school and university Mathematics
- Proactive and responsible approach to work
- A personal growth mindset and ability to implement new learnings in their work
- Written and verbal communication skills (in Croatian and English)
- Ability to manage own time and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Valid student contract/rights and the ability to work at least 20 hrs per week for a longer period of time (at least 6 months in continuation)
An additional plus is if you have:
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home arrangements (with flexibility for University obligations)
- A dedicated mentor to help you navigate and grow in your role
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education, and conferences, weekly time devoted to learning new things with a personal learning budget
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Company events and celebrations, company retreats, team budget for team building activities
- Underground bicycle parking garage
- Modern office design, great view :) and great location (Zagreb, Strojarska 20)