What do we do?
Photomath is a fast-growing EdTech company whose mobile app is the #1 app in the world to learn math. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, the app instantly scans, accurately solves, and intuitively explains printed and handwritten math problems to users through step-by-step explanations.
With over 220 million downloads globally, Photomath is the most popular mobile application from Croatia and one of the most popular educational apps of all times. Since its launch in 2014, our award-winning app has topped App Store & Google Play Store education charts and Apple has recently declared it the application of the day.
Today, we employ more than 100 people and have offices in Zagreb and San Mateo, California. We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content - we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there. Join us in our mission to revolutionize learning math and help students across the globe gain math superpowers!
We constantly improve our app and add new features to offer Photomath users new ways to approach math learning. Our newest features focus on giving visual cues through graph solutions, recognizing and solving word math problems, and helping learn math through Animated Tutorials - animations that explain the math concept step-by-step, just like a real life tutor would, applied on the problem you submit!
What you will do at Photomath:
- Use our block-programming tools to create Animated Tutorials - interactive animations that will help our users understand math
- Research approaches on math subjects in various grade levels, from primary school to early college, to find out how to best be able to explain them through animation
- Work with Math Animation Creators and other teams to make your own animations better - and help your team members do the same
- Follow new education trends and help push our animation development to new levels
You are the right person for us if you:
- Have advanced knowledge of high school and university mathematics
- Have interest in programming and an analytical and forward way of thinking
- Have a systematic approach to solving problems and attention to details
- Have an ability to visualize abstract concepts
- Have proactive and responsible approach to work
- Like to hear constructive feedback on your work and are ready to incorporate it
- Are collaborative and communicative
- Are fluent in English (especially math vocabulary)
An additional plus is if you:
- Have a background in video or animation production
- Have experience in teaching or tutoring
What we offer:
- Full time job with flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- Dedication to a healthy work-life balance and various benefits for parents
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Dedicated person (mentor/buddy) to help you navigate your first weeks in a new role
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences, individual development plan with a dedicated budget, weekly time devoted to learning new things
- Cutting edge hardware and equipment, budget for additional equipment
- Company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities
- Birthday and holiday presents for employees and their kids
- Generous vacation and paid leave policy, sick leave without a doctor's note, annual physical exam (check-up)
- Multisport card for various discounts at sport facilities
- Underground bicycle parking garage
- Modern office design, great view :) and great location (Zagreb, Strojarska 20)