What do we do?
Photomath is a fast-growing EdTech company whose mobile app is the #1 app in the world to learn math. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, the app instantly scans, accurately solves, and intuitively explains printed and handwritten math problems to users through step-by-step explanations.
With over 300 million downloads globally, Photomath is the most popular mobile application from Croatia and one of the most popular educational apps of all times. Since its launch in 2014, our award-winning app has topped App Store & Google Play Store education charts and Apple has recently declared it the application of the day.
Today, we employ more than 170 people and have offices in Zagreb and San Mateo, California. We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content - we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there. Join us in our mission to revolutionize learning math and help students across the globe gain math superpowers!
Photomath has created a Marketplace that several thousand Math Experts use to create step-by-step explanations for word problems, graphical problems, and textbook problems that can not be solved through our automatic software-generated explanations. The Marketplace is a web-based platform with a specialized Math text editor.
As we want to cover as many as possible math topics, the next step is to have people who can:
- Help us perform different types of annotation (preparing math tasks for solving on Marketplace, determining which math topics should be covered in the Photomath app, learning new AI models
- Participate in the expert assessment part where we need to be sure experts meet the requirements for working on Marketplace
- Guide students in their work
What will you do at Photomath?
- Organize students’ work
- Check the quality of students’ work and provide feedback on that
- Prepare onboarding materials for new students/experts
- collaborate with other teams within the Content Operations team
- Continuous care that the processes of assessing math experts and/or performing annotations are compliant with the best methods used
- Master all job processes within your specific team
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience as a math teacher/tutoring/publishing or teaching methodology
- English language fluency, oral and written
- Advanced knowledge of high school math and university-level math
- In-depth understanding of mathematical concepts
- The ability to simplify complex topics into understandable, informative content that helps our audiences learn and gain confidence.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactive thinker and solutions oriented.
- Reliable and responsible with a focus on delivering to deadlines.
- You have the ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- High level of computer literacy
- Will to give and receive feedback for the purpose of growth of the organization and individuals
- Able to convey ideas and concepts in a clear and confident manner.
- Will to learn new things, and tools and develop new skills
- Able to cope well with changes and different situations
Extra points if you:
- Have the ability to lead a team
- Previous work experience in IT environment ( Ideally a product-based company )
- Have developed social intelligence
- Went through kind of mentorship process and understand how it works
What we offer:
- Full time job with flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- Dedication to a healthy work-life balance and various benefits for parents
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Dedicated person (mentor/buddy) to help you navigate your first weeks in a new role
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences, individual development plan with a dedicated budget, weekly time devoted to learning new things
- Cutting edge hardware and equipment, budget for additional equipment
- Company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities
- Birthday and holiday presents for employees and their kids
- Generous vacation and paid leave policy, sick leave without a doctor's note, annual physical exam (check-up)
- Multisport card for various discounts at sport facilities
- Underground bicycle parking garage
- Modern office design and great location (Zagreb, Folnegovićeva 1C)