Photomath is changing the way students learn math. We’ve achieved viral, organic growth to become the most popular education app in the US with over 225 million downloads. With our mobile app, users can solve math problems instantly using their phone camera to get detailed step-by-step instructions that help them get unstuck and maximize learning.
As our company grows rapidly, so do our accounting and finance records become more complex. We are looking for a Head of Finance, to help us untangle the complexity and make better financial decisions.
What will you do?
- Oversee the finance function at Photomath, manage all internal processes and coordinate the work with external partners. For Photomath Croatia, make all key decisions and decide on priorities. For Photomath US, coordinate the work with the US side on all key financial matters.
- Will be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the company’s planning and budgeting process in cooperation with the Photomath US finance side, including coordination with all internal stakeholders, monthly monitoring of the performance and management reporting.
- Coordinate external accounting service providers for Photomath Croatia and Photomath US. Responsible for maintaining relationships with accountants, providing necessary data, keeping track of the deadlines and reviewing financial reports.
- Take care of overall Photomath Croatia financial reports, providing direction, reviewing reports, detecting and resolving accounting issues, making key decisions.
- Providing help in reviewing and developing Photomath US and Group reports.
- Coordinating the process of financial reporting for all external purposes e.g. investor requests.
- Oversee key company tax aspects, develop tax risk mitigation policies, coordinate the work of tax advisors.
- Responsible person for Photomath Croatia tax audits and tax due diligence.
- Constantly communicate with Photomath US finance side to make sure all key group finance matters are getting resolved, including budgeting, monitoring, reporting for investors, tax related matters and similar.
- Financial analysis and tracking of company financial performance in different aspects.
- Oversee company’s cash management procedures and payment process. In collaboration with the US finance side, work on mitigating foreign currency exchange risk.
- Lead and mentor finance team in Croatia (currently one person, but will grow in the future). Set team and individual goals, provide regular feedback and guidance and help team member(s) to develop and grow
- Provide general advisory on accounting, tax and other financial matters.
- Building new financial processes and improving our existing processes, controls, and internal policies as we grow & scale.
Who are you?
- 4+ years of experience in accounting and finance; At least 1 of those years, leading the finance function.
- M.A in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant field.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and high attention to detail.
- Excited to work on a variety of different projects and taking on a generalist approach.
- Able to remain highly organized in a loosely structured, fast-paced environment.
- Drive to build and establish finance function, standards and new processes as the company grows.
- People management experience (creating pleasant working environment, tracking performance, providing feedback, mentoring and leading people).
- Experience working with multinational companies.
- In depth knowledge of accounting rules (HSFI, IFRS).
- Robust problem solving, Excel, and analytical skills.
- Excellent English language skills.
An additional plus:
- Prior experience in early stage startups and/or high-growth companies.
- Prior experience with international business relations.
- Prior experience with transfer pricing tax regulation.
- Starting from 22.000 HRK gross 1 and beyond, depending on the candidate's experience. You are welcome to give us a suggestion here.
- Stock options.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements.
- Dedication to a healthy work-life balance and various benefits for parents.
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught.
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere.
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success.
- Dedicated person (mentor/buddy) to help you navigate your first weeks in a new role.
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences, individual development plan with a dedicated budget, weekly time devoted to learning new things
- Cutting edge hardware and equipment, budget for additional equipment.
- Company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities.
- Birthday and holiday presents for employees and their kids.
- Generous vacation and paid leave policy, sick leave without a doctor's note, annual physical exam (check-up).
- Multisport card for various discounts at sport facilities.
- Underground bicycle parking garage.
- Modern office design, great view :) and a great location (Zagreb, Strojarska 20).