Photomath is changing the way students learn math. We’ve achieved viral, organic growth to become the most popular education app in the US with over 220 million downloads. With our mobile app, users can solve math problems instantly using their phone camera to get detailed step-by-step instructions to help maximize learning.
Content powers Photomath’s core value of getting “unstuck” with math. It covers everything from our math solving steps to animated tutorials. By using software to generate these explanations for users’ specific problems, our content teams operate at an unprecedented scale, powering 2 billion+ math explanations generated by Photomath each month.
We’re now looking for a Head of Content to level up our approach in leading, growing, and developing our content strategy and production. You’ll help drive some of our most exciting efforts in content vision, personalization, and global localization.
What will you do?
- Develop team strategy & vision
- Oversee scaling of global content localization and expansion of coverage
- Create & drive the long term creative vision for content at Photomath
- Plan & drive sustainable growth
- Support large scale hiring and organizational development
- Evaluate and optimize infrastructure for creation process, speed, and quality
- Facilitate continued support and development of our content creation tools
- Manage Animated Tutorial Production & Math Research & Development teams
- Lead, grow, and develop the content organization (2 direct reports, 14 total team members and growing)
- Directly manage our Head of Animated Tutorial Production and Head of Math Research & Development
- Set and ensure achievement of goals and highest standard of performance of the team
Who are you?
- 4+ years of experience in content or product related role
- 3+ years of management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and unify team around inspiring content vision
- Detail-oriented thinker with experience hiring and growing teams, organizational structure, process, and leaders to scale
- Data driven, analytical decision-maker
- User oriented thinker with a keen eye for good visual/motion design
- Proactive and motivated to tackle ambiguous problems
- Have an urge to challenge the status-quo and inspire others
- Ability to travel and experience working with remote teams
- Believe in the importance of math and ensuring that everyone regardless of background has the ability to master it
An additional plus:
- Prior experience in consumer mobile
- Prior experience in consumer education, gaming, media, or AR/VR
- Prior experience scaling large teams (20+ full-time employees)
What do we offer?
- Medical, dental & vision covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- 401k with matching
- Meaningful equity
- Generous PTO policy (we mean it when we say work life balance)
- Parental leave
- Commuter stipend
- L&D opportunities and stipend
- Oh yeah, did we mention trips to our Croatia office?
We welcome diverse skill sets, experiences and people unafraid of challenging assumptions in order to create a dynamic workplace.