What are we Building?
We believe it is important for every student to have a strong understanding of math to thrive in an increasingly data-driven world. Thus, Photomath aims to change the way students learn math. We’ve achieved viral, organic growth to become the most popular math education app with over 270 million downloads. Through our mobile app, users can solve math problems instantly using their phone cameras and get detailed step-by-step instructions that help maximize learning.
We recently launched the first paid subscription, Photomath Plus, and along with it our flagship textbook solutions product. Now we’re looking to supercharge the growth of Plus through solutions developed on our supply-side Expert (tutor) marketplace. As part of this ambition, we’re looking to hire a Growth Marketing Specialist who will help scale the Expert-side of the marketplace.
What is the Role?
For this position, the focus is on creating and running performance marketing campaigns on our key acquisition channels, reaching the right audiences, and growing our supply-side Expert tutor marketplace. To do that, this person will mostly focus on our core channels, such as Facebook Ads & Google Ads.
- Manage Acquisition Campaigns: Develop, execute and optimize performance marketing campaigns across our core channels, including Facebook and Google.
- Run Experiments: Establish rigorous A/B testing processes, with the goal of improving overall campaign performance.
- Monitor performance: Track, measure, and report campaign performance, and assess against goals (OKRs and KPIs)
- Collaborate Cross Function: Work closely with lifecycle marketing, copywriter, design, product, and engineering to analyze the effectiveness of initiatives and drive improvements.
In the first 2 weeks, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Photomath, begin learning about the Photomath’s history, culture, and vision. Get to know your coworkers and your teammates.
- Get introduced to the specifics of your role, ad account history, your main tasks, and responsibilities, etc.
In the first month, expect to:
- Understand the inner workings of the Growth Marketing team and how we work effectively with other teams.
- Assess the current state of performance metrics, reports, and dashboards. Develop a good understanding of historical campaign performance, and know what worked and what didn’t.
- You will identify optimizations and opportunities for improvement that you see relating to our current campaigns.
- Take partial ownership of our key acquisition channels.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Launch and evaluate your own growth marketing ideas.
- Deliver successful growth marketing strategies that can be further iterated and replicated.
- Work closely with your team lead on cross-channel initiatives.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Photomath’s growth marketing process.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Demonstrate significant impact on key channel growth and cost-efficiency improvement.
In the first year, expect to:
- Become Photomath’s expert in all things related to the key acquisition channels. You will hold an important role in maintaining the company’s hypergrowth.
Who are You?
- You have 2-4 years of performance marketing experience
- You have experience with key acquisition channels including Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube, Microsoft Advertising, etc.
- You have a solid knowledge of how Facebook Ads & Google Ads work
- You have solid experience with creating and running A/B tests
- You have experience in web marketing and paid ads analysis (Google Analytics and SQL knowledge is a plus)
- You have proven ability to work cross-functionally (engineering, design, product, creative, etc.) and in a distributed team
- You take a data-driven approach to measuring and evaluating user acquisition
- You are proactive in identifying and driving new efforts and ideas
- You believe wholeheartedly in the importance of math education and ensuring that everyone, regardless of background, can master math
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- Dedication to a healthy work-life balance and various benefits for parents
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Dedicated person (mentor/buddy) to help you navigate your first weeks in a new role
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences, individual development plan with a dedicated budget, weekly time devoted to learning new things
- Cutting edge hardware and equipment, budget for additional equipment
- Company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities
- Birthday and holiday presents for employees and their kids
- Generous vacation and paid leave policy, sick leave without a doctor's note, annual physical exam (check-up)
- Multisport card for various discounts at sport facilities
- Underground bicycle parking garage
- Modern office design, great view :) and great location