What do we do?
Photomath is a fast-growing EdTech company whose mobile app is the #1 app in the world to learn math. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, the app instantly scans, accurately solves, and intuitively explains printed and handwritten math problems to users through step-by-step explanations.
With over 300 million downloads globally, Photomath is the most popular mobile application from Croatia and one of the most popular educational apps of all times. Since its launch in 2014, our award-winning app has topped App Store & Google Play Store education charts and Apple has recently declared it the application of the day.
Today, we employ 160+ people and have offices in Zagreb and San Mateo, California. We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content - we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there.
We would like to enhance our end2end AI team which covers all development activities from data engineering to model training and finally serving APIs ready for consumption by other teams or services.
Following this, as a Full Stack Engineer in our AI team, you will be responsible for the development of our internal tools for visualization, experimentation, evaluation, and comparison of machine learning models and prototyping (various proof-of-concept/showcase tools and mockups). You will also be working on backend tasks and infrastructure together with the DevOps engineer and other developers in the AI team. You will also help us with generating the data for machine learning - converting from various formats and structures (e.g. from streams of hundreds of images per second with additional metadata).
We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content - we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there. Join us in our mission to revolutionize learning math and help students across the globe gain math superpowers!
Team’s dev stack:
- Python (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Flask), Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, PostgreSQL
What will you do at Photomath?
- Develop internal tools and dashboards for evaluation and visualization of machine learning experiments
- Develop annotation tools for machine learning tasks
- Generating data suitable for machine learning from the existing raw datasets
- Designing and developing showcases of PoCs / mockups
Our ideal candidate has:
- Hands-on development experience on frontend and backend services for at least 2 years
- Experience with Python
- Good knowledge of either React, Angular, or Vue frameworks
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Been working with cloud providers
- Familiarity with programming paradigms (OOP, functional programming)
- A proactive and responsible approach to work tasks
An additional plus is if you have:
- Significant experience in some of the above areas
- Familiarity with image formats, processing, and computer graphics
- Familiarity with computer vision, natural language processing, or machine learning
- Worked with NoSQL databases
- Experience in other relevant programming languages (Go, Kotlin, Java, C++)
- Starting from 22.000 kn gross I for a junior/mid candidate and beyond depending on candidate's competencies, you are welcome to give us a suggestion here
- Stock options
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work on innovative AI projects with global impact in a team of top AI engineers
- An opportunity to work on the deployment of cutting edge machine learning models
- An opportunity to define and implement our infrastructure at scale
- An opportunity to make an impact and define processes and ways of working in the fast-growing team
- Experimenting with new technologies
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- Dedication to a healthy work-life balance and various benefits for parents
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Dedicated person (mentor/buddy) to help you navigate your first weeks in a new role
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences, individual development plan with a dedicated budget, weekly time devoted to learning new things
- Cutting edge hardware and equipment, budget for additional equipment
- Company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities
- Birthday and holiday presents for employees and their kids
- Generous vacation and paid leave policy, sick leave without a doctor's note, annual physical exam (check-up)
- Multisport card for various discounts at sport facilities
- Underground bicycle parking garage
- Modern office design, great view :) and great location (Zagreb, Strojarska 20)