What do we do?
Photomath is a fast-growing EdTech company whose mobile app is the #1 app in the world to learn math. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, the app instantly scans, accurately solves, and intuitively explains printed and handwritten math problems to users through step-by-step explanations.
With over 270 million downloads globally, Photomath is the most popular mobile application from Croatia and one of the most popular educational apps of all times. Since its launch in 2014, our award-winning app has topped App Store & Google Play Store education charts and Apple has recently declared it the application of the day.
Today, we employ over 100 people and have offices in Zagreb and Silicon Valley. We are a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and skills, united by passion for technology and innovation. We believe that math is an increasingly crucial skill, particularly as problem-solving and quantitative analysis become prerequisites for many occupations.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for building and maintaining an organization's entire data ecosystem. We are still figuring out which data is important to the organization in the long term and how to store it effectively. We need you to guide us!
We are constantly expanding what Photomath can do and the types and quality of our content - we have so much more ahead of us and we need your help to get there. Join us in our mission to revolutionize learning math and help students across the globe gain math superpowers!
What you will do at Photomath:
- Take or co-take ownership in developing, running, maintaining, and optimizing ETL/ELT processes and data pipelines for large volumes of data
- Design, implement, test, improve and support the company’s analytical data infrastructure, enabling data access to the whole company
- Prepare data for analytical use per user requests
- Participate in conversations with data users (from technical teams, business teams, or even the data team itself) and consult with data-related projects
- Be an active part in building and deploying analytics tools to empower business decision making
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of existing data systems and processes, and/or to build new ones
- Explore, exploit, evaluate and recommend new data sources, platforms, and tools
- Educate the company on best practices on data processing (including data extraction, storage, exploration, transformation, and reporting, etc.)
Our ideal candidate has:
- A degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related disciplines
- At least 3 years of experience working in similar roles
- Expert knowledge of SQL, and hands-on experience working with relational and non-relational databases, as well as a huge volume of data
- Hands-on experience of one or more of the mainstream data engineering languages and/or packages: Python, Java, R, Scala, etc.
- Experience with data pipelining and/or orchestration
- Experience with ETL/ELT process and data warehousingFamiliarity with analytical platforms and tools such as Google Data Studio and Looker
- Experience with cloud providers such as GCP, Amazon, Snowflake or Azure, and utilizing their services such as Apache Kafka, Apache Beam, etc. for data processing is a plus
- Enthusiasm about new technologies and capabilities to learn new skills quickly
- Good logical/analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills with internal and external stakeholders - willing to listen, understand and share
- Positive and proactive attitude towards work and growth mindset
- Ability to work independently and/or jointly with other people
- Excellent English language skills
- 21.000 - 26.000 kn gross, depending on candidate's experience with possible exceptions
- Stock options
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- Dedication to a healthy work-life balance and various benefits for parents
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaboration-heavy team atmosphere
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Dedicated person (mentor/buddy) to help you navigate your first weeks in a new role
- Learning and growth opportunities through knowledge sharing, education and conferences, individual development plan with a dedicated budget, weekly time devoted to learning new things
- Cutting edge hardware and equipment, budget for additional equipment
- Company events and celebrations, company retreat, team budget for team building activities
- Birthday and holiday presents for employees and their kids
- Generous vacation and paid leave policy, sick leave without a doctor's note, annual physical exam (check-up)
- Multisport card for various discounts at sport facilities
- Underground bicycle parking garage
- Modern office design, great view :) and great location (Zagreb, Strojarska 20)